Wednesday, January 13, 2010

TAKING A BREAK FROM ART & WORKING ON A POSITRON COLLIDER...


Ok, so apart from slave labor duties of writing & drawing for CHROMIUM, I usually kinda like unwinding with a few casual sips & work on another geeky passion of mine - props. I know, I know, start the shit flinging now. I get enough crap from the gang, girlfriend & the folks already, so pull up a chair and take part in the judgement. ahaha, fuck you, my good friends. keeps me sane & I guess it was a bug I picked up when I was directing & designing sets for plays in University.
Anyway, latest project is a full scale, 100% screen accurate Proton Backpack from one of my favorite films of all time, GHOSTBUSTERS. No! Not Ghostbusters II. That just sucked.
Anyway, something that I wanted to do my whole life. I used to strap my mom's vacuum on my back when I was a kid in a book bag & scope the house looking for weird shit. Well, I figured I owed it to my 7-year old self and finally make one.
I've been working on this for a while now because it's really gonna take a lot of time & cash to get this bastard rite & ready. The shells are all made from vacuumed pack shell. Each segment of the pack is divided into lots of small, mind-boggling parts that have to be spray painted, aged,
glued, screwed & wired. I got the blueprints, like a lot of other prop builders, from the actual production designs & websites. Most of the exact parts are available
from any hardware, army navy surplus or electronic shops. Special lights have
to be ordered online, as well as the sound effects mother boards & speakers. In total, the pack, gun, lights, uniform, & trap will be waaaay over $2000. I know. Fuckin crazy. It'll be worth it though. Chicks'll dig it (ahem).
Anyways, thought I'd share this shit with you bangers, because I know damn well there's a lot out there wh
o'd like to have one too. Drop Me a line if yo have any questions with this stuff.
And yes, CHROMIUM III is coming along quite nicely.

WORK PLAYLIST:
MASSACRE - From Beyond
RATT - Reach For the Sky
MIDNIGHT - Farewell to Hell
JUDAS PRIEST - Sad Wings of Destiny
BENJAMIN ORR - The Lace
SUMMER JOB - Soundtrack
PROJECT BEER OF CHOICE: Bohemian
BACKGROUND MOVIE: TRANSYLVANIA 6-5000
Keep it greasy - Philthy

No comments:

Post a Comment